Learn More about Wooden Cask Brewing Company
About Wooden Cask
About The Owners
Wooden Cask Brewing Company is owned and operated by Randy and Karen Schiltz. The love for Irish, Scottish, and English beers started decades ago when Randy was in the Navy and had his first beer: a classic English mild ale. Challenged to recreate something similar, Randy started home-brewing beer in 1998 and has since perfected the time-tested brewing process for traditional Irish, Scottish, and English beers.
Today, Randy and Karen are proud to run Wooden Cask Brewing Company in the Newport community. Wooden Cask is their second brewery, and they searched for more than a year to find the perfect location to begin brewing again. As residents of Northern Kentucky, Randy and Karen are committed to the community and proud to call Kentucky home.
Sq Ft Taproom
Fun Facts about wooden Cask
- We are a stop on the popular Newport Gangster Tour
- We are intentionally not a sports bar. We display TVs, but we encourage conversation!
- Our stouts are available all year round–a rarity in the bar world
- Every Wednesday is Whiskey Wednesday featuring $5 pours
- We also own Orchard Street Winery and serve our wines at Wooden Cask
- We have a second, smaller location at Newport on the Levee with a limited beer and wine selection
Unique Architecture with a rich history
Located on beautiful, historic York Street in Newport, our building has a rich history. It was home to the infamous Flamingo Club, a popular nightclub that offered illegal gambling throughout the ‘40’s and 50’s. It became the Jockey Club in the ‘80s and one of the best venues in the Midwest to catch Punk bands live while imbibing cheap Foster’s. Today, we’ve polished up this gem for a new era of beer drinking, music, and fun!